Thursday, May 15, 2008

Party!

Ari’s coach had the end of the year party at her house last night instead of the last practice, which I’m sure didn’t bother the kids one bit. The first hour they had a swimming party where only the kids were invited and then the parents got to come for the pizza and “awards” ceremony after that. I was a little weirded out that the parents weren’t “invited” to the first hour, but decided it would be ok because we had gotten to know these people at least a little over the course of the last couple months.





When DH and I got there we were in awe of their backyard. I was jealous that I wasn’t invited to swim. I don’t know if you can appreciate the beauty and serenity (as much serenity as you can have with a dozen 9 and 10 year olds) of this pool and backyard from the pictures but I felt like I had just walked into a spa of some type. Do you see the water falls at the back of the pool? She could turn those on and off with her PDA (Pool Digital Assistant) who knew there even was such a thing? The water from the jacuzzi overflows down into the pool and also has a waterfall that she turned on later. Ari thought it was the greatest thing to be able to eat in the jacuzzi and hang out in there while watching the "ceremony".




I don’t know if I’ve mentioned before that Ari has been diagnosed with mild ADHD. She does pretty well with it, but when I see her in situations like this with her peers I’m always reminded of it. As the coaches were presenting the “awards” they had each child come up and stand there as they said some nice things about them and their drive or determination or good attitude or whatever. Well all the kids went up and just stood there while the coaches were saying something and DH and I had to laugh because she could not stand still to save her life. For the two minutes she was up there she was playing with her hair or touching her face or shifting from one foot to the other. No wonder she can out-eat me and still stay thin .



5 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Wow, looks like tons of fun for Ari and her teammates. A pool party is definitely the way to end the season with a bang. :)

The Proud Grandparents said...

What a fun party for Ari since she loves to swim so much. Ari does have to be on the move all the time, except when she is doing art projects.

Anonymous said...

I agree, gorgeous pool, I'm jealous too... and of weather warm enough to swim in... HA.

Mine never stand still either...

Cheryl said...

WOW! That pool is incredible. I'm glad you guys had a good time. :)

Jenn said...

I wouldn't mind a backyard like that! And as was said before, weather to allow us to use it! Congrats Ari!