Saturday, May 10, 2008

Birthday wishes


Happy happy birthday, TyRee dear;
Happy days will come to you all year.
If I had one wish, then it would be
A happy happy birthday to you from me!

Today is my older sister, TyRee’s birthday. When I was younger I idolized her because, well, she was my big sister. She is the smart one in the family. Now I’m not trying to put myself or my little sister down or anything, but that’s just Ty. She is just finishing up her first year in her doctoral program while working full-time. She is a Research Librarian at Montana State University – Billings. We recently saw each other for our other sister’s graduation and she was grading finals for a class she teaches while finishing up her own class work and had just gotten back from a conference for work. She is insanely organized; something I am not, yet wish I took after her a little more in this way. She shaped, for good or for bad I guess, part of who I am. I was either trying to be more like her, or trying to carve out a path out of her shadow(remember I am the middle child :). Every time I hear Duran Duran, or Depeche Mode or Erasure or OMD I think of her. I love those groups because they were some of my big sister’s favorites when I was still young and impressionable. She and I are both incredibly different and incredibly alike depending on what trait you want to look at. She is dependable and solid as a rock. I know I can always turn to her if I need anything. She is incredibly shy, even worse than me if that’s possible, but she accomplishes every task that’s asked of her with determination and grace. Anyway, I hope you have a Happy Birthday Ty, and know we are thinking of you.

No comments: