Monday, July 28, 2008

Do you have $1

A couple of months ago I donated $10 to an organization that was trying to get the most $10 donations on Facebook. Whichever organization got the most $10 donors got $50,000 or something like that for their organization. I thought it was well worth my $10 so it was that venture that got me signed up on Facebook in the first place and how I have reconnected with some good friends that I would not have otherwise reconnected with. This post however really has nothing to do with Facebook though.


The organization I donated to is Love Without Boundaries, they helps families in China get life saving operations for their children. So often these families just abandon their children because they can’t afford these operations and they hope that someone will adopt their child so they can have the operations and live. I can’t even imagine what it would be like to have to say goodbye to your child forever so they can get the help that they so desperately need. The operations cost $5000 and the average monthly income is $50 so they can’t even begin to fathom how to get the money. I got an email today that Love Without Boundaries is doing a $1 campaign and trying to raise $5000 for one of these operations. Obviously they need 5000 donors to get to their $5000 goal. I know that I have $1 to spare, do you?

You can either just pop $1 in the mail to Love Without Boundaries at:
Love Without Boundaries

P.O. Box 25016

Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0016




or donate through Facebook by clicking "donate" and then choosing "other" and putting in $1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the post - thank you - It's always good to know the charities that actually get most of the money to the actual need.