Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day

Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Growing up in my family you definitely got pinched if you weren’t wearing green. I have continues this tradition my whole life. So of course I had to dress the girls in green. Ari is wearing a shirt that we got her when DH and I went to Chicago last year. When Ari was a baby I made her an outfit for the occasion by painting green shamrocks all over a white onesie. It was cute, but of course that have tons of cute St. Patrick’s Day things for babies now, so Devyn has a cute little onesie that says “Kiss Me I’m Irish” and a darling bib that say’s “My First St. Patrick’s Day” that Grandma and Grandpa Jenks sent her. (Remember the whole commercialization of the holiday’s post? I’m such a sucker for these things.)


I have a good friend that I worked with in Logan who was from Boston. She is Irish through and through and always had to have corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick’s Day. I had never had corned beef and cabbage but decided to try it a couple of years ago to have something different to celebrate St. Patty’s Day with. We have continued that tradition just for fun and it is at home in the crock pot as I type. Have a great day, and I hope you don’t get pinched!

1 comment:

BrandeeJ said...

Your girls are so cute! I love this picture of Devyn laughing. She's getting so big. Happy St Paddy's