Thursday, April 17, 2008

School Projects

Ari had a huge project due on something that had to do with California since they study California history in 4th grade. It was kind of a challenge to get started on this project as Ari wanted to just do a posterboard with brochures for a bunch of different famous sites in California. Finally after all of us going in and talking to her teacher she decided to focus on Monterey Bay Aquarium (probably because we had just visited there).

They had to have their projects done by today and no late work was accepted. It was the school open house and the projects were to be on display so if they were late they weren't graded, harsh, but a good reality I think. I'm pretty sure they all got them in on time though.

I am a big believer in letting the child do their own work, therefore Ari's project isn't as elaborate as some, but she put in a good effort and I think she did a really good job. I especially like her diarama as she did it without any encouragement or suggestion on what fish to make or how to make them.




These are a few of the other projects that I got pictures of:







They also had artwork on display in the gym. Ari's class had a professional artist come in and work with them on these pictures and she was pointing out to me that her cupcakes looked "just like" the professional artist's the second picture) :)




2 comments:

Cheryl said...

She did such a great job! I also believe in letting my kids do their own work (with just a little bit help from me) and so #1's Kindergarten Science Project (last year) was the only one that looked as if a Kindergartner had done it. Frustrating for my daughter, I'm sure, to see so many elaborate projects, but I know the teachers appreciated it.

We never did get to Monterey Bay while we were in CA. We'll have to make a vacation out of it one day...

The Proud Grandparents said...

From the time Ari was little she loved to do art projects. She would entertain herself for long periods of time doing things artsy. It is fun to see her creativity in her school projects. She did a great job.