Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November - Thankful day 1 - my children





November is my absolute favorite month of the year. Call me narcissistic but I think a lot of it stems from the fact that I was born in November so my early memories of this month just radiate happiness to me. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, also in November. My husband gives me a hard time that my favorite holiday is one that revolves around gluttony, and yes a full-fledged turkey dinner is my all-time favorite, but I think it has more to do with the warmth and coziness and being surrounded by family. I love the soft crunch of the fallen leaves beneath your feet, the crispness to the air, wearing sweaters and having more of an excuse to snuggle up with loved ones on the couch to keep warm. So, in honor of my favorite month and favorite holiday I want to focus on everything that I am thankful for. I have seen this done before and decided it is a wonderful idea. I am going to post one thing that I am thankful for everyday this month.




Deciding where to start is the hardest part for me. There are so many people and so many things that I have to be thankful for so choosing one of those to begin with is tricky, but I think I am going to start with my children. I have been blessed to have given birth to four children and each one of them holds a separate piece of my heart. I cannot express enough how much I love them and how grateful I am to have each of them as a part of my life. I learn and grow from them, I experience the greatest heartache and the greatest joy because of them and I am a better person for each one of them having entered into my life.



2 comments:

The Proud Grandparents said...

Very fitting to be thankful for your children. Great idea to post one thing to be thankful for each day. Look forward to seeing your complete list.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too. :)