Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bad Mom to a Gerber Baby?


Maybe I’m a bad mom, but I don’t celebrate every month “birthday” of my daughter. She is four months old as of yesterday, but we didn’t make a big deal out of it or anything. Does it make me a bad mom that I didn’t document it in some special way? I choose to think not.


We did have her four month check-up today and she is growing like a weed! She is 15lbs 11 oz. and 25½ inches long putting her in the 90th percentile for both height and weight. She is getting heavy to tote around already! Sorry honey, you’re going to have to start learning to walk soon or mommy is going to have to start bench pressing some serious weight just to be able to lug you around. I’ know you’re only four months old and all, but come on, you can do it! You sister was starting to walk by 7 months, don’t you want to keep up?



Seriously though, she is absolutely adorable and she is already excelling at all the milestones she should be reaching at this age. Good job sweet girl.


I brought her into my office after her appointment so all the ladies at the office could see her; they have been begging me to bring her in. A couple of them said that she looks just like the Gerber baby. Ken has been saying this all along, and we’ve had a few random strangers say the same thing, so what do you think? Gerber baby?


3 comments:

BrandeeJ said...

yes I think Devyn looks like the gerber baby. She's a cutie. Mom and Dad sent me some pictures of devyn and Ari that are so cute. I might be biased but I think I have the cutest nieces ever.

Celia Fae said...

Hi Desi. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog yesterday. I liked the advice. We actually have the care and feeding American girl book and we also find it very handy. We've since moved on to the classic "What is Happening to My Body." She's really into it.

Just about the cutest baby. I love that baby fat.

The Proud Grandparents said...

Move over Gerber baby - make room for Devyn. Love the picture of her holding her toes.

Enjoy/savor each phase because all too soon they are gone.